FSCS is an organisation that makes a difference and where you can make a difference.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) helps people get back on track by protecting them when authorised financial services firms fail. We’re independent and cover all regulated financial services in the UK. Since our launch in 2001 we’ve come to the aid of millions of people and paid out billions in compensation.
We want everyone to feel they can thrive here, and we are proud to be an inclusive employer where everyone – including older workers – is empowered to achieve their full personal and professional potential. We value the experience that age can bring, and fully recognise the importance of this in enabling a truly inclusive environment and delivering a brilliant employee experience. As part of this we;
• work with Working Wise and Renegade Generation as an age-friendly employer to support those who are mid-career and beyond
• offer a ‘Making the Most of Midlife’ toolkit, covering career development and retraining, guidance and support on financial planning, health and wellbeing, and life at home. Our one-to-one ‘Midlife Career Conversations’ have been a particularly successful element of this!
• recently launched our Career Pathways structured development programme, designed to support employees in reaching their full potential and remove any potential barriers to progression
• have nurtured a multi-generational workplace where people of different age groups enjoy working together, mentoring each other and sharing their experience and expertise
• fully embrace flexible working in all roles, and recently launched our Smarter Working campaign, actively empowering everyone to take ownership of how they structure their working days and weeks – Your Day, Your Way!
• have a comprehensive wellbeing strategy in place to support our people
• are proud to be a menopause friendly employer
• offer a generous benefits package, and many of these can be extended to include family members
• offer extended paid dependants’ leave (up to 20 days per year) to support those with caring responsibilities, alongside enhanced parental leave (including up to 20 weeks paid paternity leave – also available to same-sex couples where the employee is not the primary carer).
• maintain a strong focus on diversity and inclusion; including being a signatory to the Women in Finance Charter and the Race at Work Charter. We are a Disability Confident Employer, a Mindful Employer, and Stonewall Diversity champions. We are also proud to be listed in the Times Top 50 Employers of Women, and 26th in the Inclusive Companies Top 50 (2021)!
Here’s what our people have to say about working here…
Caroline has been FSCS CEO since 2019 and brings a wealth of global experience from a career spanning 30+ years within financial services. She is a working parent and a strong advocate for women at work. FSCS is a signatory of the Women in Finance Charter and aims to have a 50/50 split across its leadership by 2022. Caroline has already seen this achieved at Board level which is predominantly female for the first time in FSCS’s history.
Caroline says “FSCS is a really inclusive employer, whether you’re looking at it from the angle of age, gender, ethnicity or our approach to flexible working. Everybody who works for FSCS is valuable and we all bring something unique and different every day. Whether you’re a specialist or a generalist, whatever kind of life experience you have, you’re welcome at FSCS. The kind of person who thrives at FSCS is somebody who works in collaboration, who has a curious mind, and is motivated by doing the right thing for people each and every day!”