Radio Network Infrastructure Replacement Programme Support Officer
About the job
We welcome applications from all communities and we don’t discriminate against any identity. We’re interested to hear from you, regardless of your background.
Do you have projects/programmes delivery experience?
Are you someone who has superb organisational skills?
Would you like a role where you can help make a difference to peoples lives?
We are looking for a driven and motivated individual to join us in our small and dedicated team in the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. You will work on key projects and programmes, you will work closely with your team to deliver products and services to HM Coastguard. If you are looking for a role where you can exceed your goals and develop your career, then please apply!
The Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) is a regulator and emergency response organisation. A significant amount of the MCA's work is contracted out to third party suppliers. The highest value and most visible examples are the MCA's Search and Rescue Helicopter service. A high degree of commercial discipline and operational acumen is needed to carefully manage these contracted services.
The RNIR (Radio Network Infrastructure Replacement) programme is a tier 1 government programme that will replace the current HM Coastguard’s operational radio network which will become obsolete in three years. As it is a key part of the HM Coastguard emergency service network it will be replaced with a modern and resilient one, across 165 remote radio sites, dotted around the UK coastline.
The BLTT (Blue Light Technical Transformation) programme. In 2020-21 the MCA launched the BLTT programme to stabilise, sustain and completely transform the blue light emergency IT operational systems that HM Coastguard rely on.
The role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Secretariat to the project boards to include arranging meetings, the collation and sharing of papers, the taking of accurate and timely minutes, the production of weekly reports and assisting the team in other related activities to ensure the smooth running of the programmes.
- Maintaining programme documentation, including Risk Registers, Issues Logs, Decision Logs, RAID Register and other key project documentation, ensuring that they are always up to date and robust documents that support in demonstrating the integrity of the Programme and decisions made by the RNIR and BLTT Senior management team.
- Maintaining good governance of programmes documents including the tracking of the Programme Plan, Plan On a Page and ensuring documentation is referenced appropriately and stored in accordance with MCA policy.
- Supporting the Programme team in promoting best practice programme management and project delivery approaches and techniques, including assisting in the development of processes and process maps.
- Providing support for ad hoc tasks as they arise for the RNIR and BLTT teams.
For more information please see the attached role profile.
You will come with experience of delivering projects/programmes which includes working with external advisors supporting service delivery projects.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to manage and filter workflow as well as organise and prioritise workloads to maximise productivity.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, takes responsibility of their own development in order to learn and progress.
You will have experience of writing and the compilation of management reports, briefs, minutes and presentations.
About Operational Delivery Profession (ODP)
Operational Delivery Profession (ODP) is the largest and most diverse professional community across the Civil Service. Many of us will have an association with several professional communities or specialisms, ODP applies to all public facing roles / or a role that is primarily aligned to supporting the work of those with public facing roles. All critical to the delivery of UK public services.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.