Head of Marketing Strategy
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape Sky's marketing strategy and ensure we achieve better integration & consistency across all our markets"
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Consumer Strategy Team as a Marketing Strategy HoD - EU Synchronization
What you'll do:You will be responsible for leading a consistent and aligned approach to the way we develop and shape our annual, quarterly & campaign marketing strategies across the Group. As an expert in the opportunities and challenges we face within, and across our markets, you'll identify and influence both synergies and differences within our strategic plans helping each of our markets deliver against their longer-term business objectives
- Lead on managing and optimising the same high-quality comprehensive sync development processes across our markets, ensuring consistency in our strategic planning approach
- Influence discussions at key annual and quarterly planning check points in & between markets to help shape the direction of, & synergies & divergence across, our plans
- Build out a plan across our markets to ensure we have appropriate & timely strategic insights to help drive & shape our key strategic planning processes
- Ensure across our markets, we're influencing the use & adoption of the same high-quality insights to inform strategic planning & in-year optimisation efforts
- Become a global/local subject matter expert in the strategic challenges/opportunities we face within each of our markets, influencing in-country marketing & campaign strategy
- Identify shared common, and inspired campaigns which can work across territories based on a clear understanding of each market's strategic objectives & key audiences
- Lead on helping shape the strategic direction of our biggest cross-country marketing campaigns, working closely & collaboratively with Marketing Directors of each territory
- Build out a consistent cross-market approach to brand & campaign performance evaluation & reporting allowing us to better learn and optimise our marketing efforts
- Lead on driving forward key cross-cutting strategic projects across all markets related to the shared challenges or opportunities we face across the Group
What you'll bring:
- Experience of working in strategic planning within a large marketing organisation
- An ability to turn a broad range of consumer, business and market insights into action-orientated recommendations which can drive direction for the whole Group
- An ability to translate complex themes into simple, coherent and compelling recommendations to influence decision-making
- A brilliant collaborator with an ability to work across a complex European matrix organisation with impeccable stakeholder management skills
- First class project management skills with an ability to run major cross-territory planning
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with an ability to influence up to MD level
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.