Data Quality Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Reporting to the Data Quality Lead, you will be instrumental in improving data quality management across Sky. Through your knowledge and expertise of data and technology, you will be the bridge between business and IT domains identifying the root cause of poor-quality data and recommending process and technical improvements
What you'll do:
* Configure and manage data quality software to deliver improvements in quality and assist in providing assurance to management of the quality of data at Sky
* As a data expert use your technical skills and knowledge to develop appropriate solutions to managing and monitoring data issues
* Actively carry out data analysis to identify significant data quality issues, perform root cause analysis, and manage issues effectively
* Have knowledge of data capture, update, usage, and other core business processes that influence the data life cycle
* Drive the expansion and adoption of data quality technical solutions across Sky, providing training, system support and advice to Data Steward, Engineering, and Architecture teams
* Assist the Data Quality Lead with the development of technical analyst capabilities in the team
What you'll bring:
* Must have technical and business analysis experience
* Must be experienced in using SQL to analyse source system data
* An ability to translate business pain points into data issues
* An advocate for data quality and an understanding of data quality improvement practices
* Ideally knowledge of Ab-Initio or Ab-Initio DQ
* Knowledge of GCP (Google Cloud Platform) would be beneficial
Data, Tech & Analytics: Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and making Sky more relevant. We are leading the way in many areas of data; from delivering business critical reporting to supporting the re-platforming of our data with data management best practice. Our solutions are essential to hundreds of users, providing key insights on Sky's customers, products and viewing content and a whole lot more.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're open to discussing where and when you do your job as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.