Service Delivery Manager
Service Delivery Manager
International Bank – London – Hybrid working 3 days London office / 2 remote
Global Production Services delivers and supports all of the bank’s critical IT production platforms globally. Service Delivery is an integral part of the team contributing to a wide range of services including incident, problem and change management. The core function resides in London with regional representation in Singapore and New York.
The GPS Service Delivery Management team is being restructured to ensure a fit-for-purpose operating model is delivered into Technology’s core performance KPI’s. To strengthen our capability, we are recruiting an experienced Service Delivery Analyst to work intimately with our FICE, Risk and Finance & Control IT application stack. They will ensure business needs are met in the most effective & controlled manner and will continuously seek out improvements and process efficiencies whilst mitigating any risks.
Alongside the core problem, incident and change expectations, a key objective for the new SDM will be to establish a consistent and strong degree of problem solving expertise along with a tenacious curiosity to get to the root cause of any problems. They will be expected to build strong working relationships across technology and will demonstrate their value as an enabler and protector of the production environment. .
The successful candidate/s will own the end-to-end production environment and associated frameworks, and will work closely with the global stakeholders and local teams.
They will be reporting into the Head of Service Delivery in London.
- Production stability & customer experience
- Actively safe-guard, analyse, challenge and improve production stability & availability - Ensuring all production issues are managed in a timeous manner in accordance to the GPS governance, standards and policies to ensure that system stability & availability are returned to service as quickly as possible to support business needs.
- As the SME for your assigned business units, you will make yourself available at all times to support any incidents both in and out of hours.
- Ensure you are fully familiar with the Technology Crisis Management framework and will proactively advocate improvements to the process.
- Champion organisational awareness and delivery of the problem management function ensuring the right level of traction, prioritisation and delivery with a tenacious determination to get to the root cause of issues.
- Directly influence colleagues and leaders across Technology to think ‘Production first’.
- Take the opportunity to mature the links between Problem, Knowledge and the Known-Error processes to ensure quicker resolution and appropriate tracking of incidences.
- Ensure all ITSM data quality assurance is maintained to expected standards by working with the PIC team and attending all mandatory review meetings.
- Take full ownership of all governance, change assurance, review and due diligence prior to approving changes to reduce the risk of any impacts to production stability. You will encourage active challenge between teams to ensure the right questions are being asked.
- Partake in the planning, facilitation & maturing of the annual disaster recovery tests to support the Banks business continuity capability, ensuring any application or Infrastructure issues are rectified where required.
- Identify ways to continually improve the user experience & explore areas of opportunity for driving service improvements back into the underlying technology and processes.
- Actively partake in regular reviews across the SDM, Service Desk, NOC, Problem, Incident and Change
- functions and identify areas of improvement either to process/ framework or the service offering itself. You will consider all aspects of your own role and that of the wider Service Delivery function ensuring that we are meeting stakeholder’s needs.
- Provide a high quality customer service in a consistent manner through strong business relationships, you will understand the needs of our clients/ stakeholders to ensure those needs are encapsulated in our strategy/ delivery and that we understand our contribution to the 'bigger picture'.
- Present yourself as a ‘sign-post’ for the business and Technology ensuring that you are the ‘go-to’ person. You will achieve this by building a strong internal network and proactively understanding the complexities, processes, challenges and priorities of the business.
- Share customer feedback effectively across the team, department or organisation (locally and globally) keeping senior management apprised of conversations or issues.
- Work collaboratively, share knowledge and take joint accountability for delivery of Global team objectives to improve performance, leveraging regional capabilities where possible to improve on follow-the-sun support requirements.
- Ensure that work streams and delivery are sufficiently documented, tracked, reported and communicated with updates being provided appropriately.
Performance, Servicing clients & team work
- Take full accountability and ownership at all times for your own performance & contribution to the maturity of the ITIL processes and uphold the highest levels of integrity at all times.
- Operate in a non-judgmental way working collaboratively with your peers both in and out of your silo and actively support/challenge them to drive constant improvement and stability back into the technology stack.
- Communicate with transparency, be passionate about production stability and assurance and motivate others to take the same approach delivering control & risk reduction into the stack at all times.
- Hold yourself and others to account on delivery at all times. Meet those targets, no exceptions.
- Build trust relationships with your colleagues keeping communications with your contacts or stakeholders transparent, frequent, relevant and actively seek to resolve conflict & break down barriers.
- Ensure that we are meeting stakeholder’s needs by constantly performing a health-check with them.
- Leverage the power of teamwork but take responsibility & ownership for collective decisions and delivery, challenging each other to constantly do better, drive improvements and deliver against targets.
- Have fun and be passionate about what we do and how we do it, step outside of your comfort zone and learn something new.
- Have a restless curiosity that will lead you to interrogate all technology, processes and data for opportunities to improve stability, customer experience and quality.
- Ensure adherence to all group standards / policies and procedures.
- Be fully supportive to other members or roles within the immediate and wider technology teams.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- A degree or equivalent
- ISEB ITIL practitioner or higher with a strong focus on incident, problem & knowledge management
- Evidence of progression and consistency in career to date.
Knowledge and expertise:
- Understanding of risk and control
- Strong problem solving and decision making
- Good understanding of technical terminology and the ability to translate that terminology into simple English including the ability to provide clear and concise status updates both verbally and written to senior management.
- Experience in developing and presenting management metrics
- Hands-on experience of using ITSM tools such as Cherwell (Desirable)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Investment Banking experience
Technical skills, exposure or awareness:
A good level of awareness of both application & infrastructure technologies to be able to interrogate or challenge SME’s on areas of improvement or opportunity. In particular: Murex, Python, Java, C#, Application Servers (Tomcat, IIS), SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, Integration technologies (IBM MQ), HTML5 / CSS3 / AngularJS, Unix, Wintel, Storage
- You will have a sense of urgency and be resilient, holding yourself and others to account on deliverables.
- You will display a high level of integrity, pay attention to detail and be results-orientated.
- Your influencing skills will be strong and you will be comfortable at collaborating at all levels both within Technology and in the business.
The role would suit someone who is:
- Able to navigate complexity.
- Ideally Mandarin speaking
- A self-starter that can work independently in ambiguity.
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of production stability & control.
- Proven to have a strong track record in extensive problem & Incident management in a multi-disciplined technology department.
- Able to accurately document and share information with global peer groups.