(Senior) Sports Journalist
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work."We are enhancing our digital sports team to focus on the biggest events, the biggest names and the biggest stories in sport. If you can help drive us to become the number one destination for sports fans then we want to hear from you" - Stephen Mills, Digital Sports Editor, Sky SportsWhat you'll do:
- Produce, create and co-ordinate digital editorial content across Sky Sports' digital platforms (www.skysports.com and the Sky Sports apps), ensuring Sky Sports remains the destination of choice for sports fans, creates revenue opportunities and continues to add value to the Sky Sports subscription.
- Create and write vibrant digital sports content of the highest standard, focusing on all of Sky's core sports away from football. This content must be delivered to deadline and includes live-blogging, match reporting, feature-writing and breaking news coverage.
- Ghost-write for Sky Sports talent and maximise Sky Sports' linear output online.
- Collaborate with multiple areas of Sky Sports (e.g. Sky Sports News, Sports Content teams) to ensure we are producing aligned and consistent content - including video and audio - that showcases the best of Sky Sports and supports specific business KPIs.
- Conform to the highest standard of digital writing by ensuring that relevant guidelines (including brand guidelines), processes and policies for digital content are fully adhered to.
- Senior journalists will take responsibility for a particular sport or area, acting up as a key point of contact where necessary and bringing relationships and experiences to help the Digital Sports Editor plan and deliver consistent content of a high standard.
- Professional sports journalism experience in the digital sphere.
- Experience of working in a quick-paced work environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a flair for producing different types of copy.
- Demonstrable passion for and knowledge of a range of sports. Experience of covering Formula 1 and Golf would be particularly desirable, but the successful applicant would also cover Boxing, Cricket and Sky's other core sports.
- A strong work ethic and proactive attitude, with the ability to work in a team and support all aspects of the business when necessary.
- NCTJ qualified or equivalent, with a working knowledge of media law.
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences