Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Effective testing underpins confidence in the systems used to provide the Sky Experience, delivered to millions of homes and devices across Europe. We are looking forward to welcoming a new recruit to our dynamic team" - Mark Ellis, Reliability Manager.
Do you want to be part of a team that ensures the performance of the digital fabric that has enabled a rapid transformation in the way the UK works and is entertained? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
What you'll do:
* Work in close collaboration with our Content Delivery and Reliability Engineers to test, improve and scale systems used across Sky to deliver our products.
* Build and maintain functional and non-functional test systems and/or test harnesses for Sky's content delivery systems.
* Evaluate commercial and open-source solutions to improve feature sets of our systems.
* Ensure that we are able to take the tests at scale where they are needed, beyond the lab, on-cloud, on-premise, off-net.
* Make the difference by analysing test results, making recommendations and writing reports to drive improvements in systems across the estate.
What you'll bring:
* Working knowledge of video streaming containers, eg DASH, HLS, HSS and associated transport protocols, HTTP/* and TLS/*. Experience of what a CDN is and what it does would be advantage.
* Experience working with open source tools such as JMeter, Selenium, Gatling or other commercial or open-source HTTP testing suites + familiarity with debug proxies & tools, like Charles, mitmproxy, cURL/wget and packet capture tools, such as tcpdump or Wireshark.
* Ability to collect, analyse and present results using traditional log analysis & graphing and have experience of modern methods using time-series databases and Grafana, ELK stack or similar.
* A keen interest, working with the team to automate test execution, collection of results and report generation.
* A healthy predilection for breaking things by overloading them.
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From OTT to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our fixed and mobile networks. We're bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.