1 day left
- Flexible working available
We are open to applications from Livingston, Leeds and Osterley
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Infrastructure Operations team supports and delivers some of Sky's most critical systems and projects. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced DBA to join a team providing day-to day support, project delivery and process and business improvements in a fast-paced environment" - Heather Pearson, Head of Database Services
What you'll do:
* Provide internal customers with expertise for technically complex issues
* Ensure adequate monitoring, alerting, backups and maintenance plans in place for all databases
* Manage and support incident, change and problem management processes ensuring responses are made within adequate times
* Build effective working relationships with a variety of infrastructure and application teams to ensure that technology and process improvements deliver overall service improvements to our end customers
* Monitor performance, performing maintenance and tuning of the database platform based on your and others' recommendations
* Communicate regularly with technical, development and operational staff to ensure database integrity, capacity and security
* Gather business and technical requirements for new databases
* Produce documentation for use in configuration and support of managed database systems
What you'll bring:
* Experience in supporting MS SQL Server
* An ability to create and review supporting technical documentation for database systems
* Experience of either Windows Server or Linux Red Hat Operating Systems
* Good communication and relationship management skills in order to communicate in a clear and structured manner at appropriate levels within Sky
* Demonstrable experience of working in an environment where it has been critical to deliver rapidly against the changing needs of the business
* Track record in supporting diverse and complex technical environments where maximum availability has been achieved
* Willingness to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic 24X7 environment
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We're bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Option of working in Livingston, Leeds or Osterley
Livingston Watermark House
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Our spacious tech hub is less than a mile from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available form Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym or we even have pool and table tennis tables.
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.