Studio Manager Broadcast Resource
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Studio Manager is accountable for the successful delivery of productions, projects and events providing our Clients with an outstanding, experience through all elements of the studio production. Responsibilities include demand and capacity planning, preparation of cost estimates, technical planning, crew provision, health & safety, turnaround of sets and lighting, making sure we have the right facilities and skills in Studios for our demand. You will also provide a single focal point of contact and communication for our clients and crews regarding all studio and crew requirements.
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage the delivery of projects/productions from taking detailed and accurate specifications through to delivering on time and within budget
- Collaborate with top Sky stakeholders to ensure demand is accurately defined for relevant decision-making and to improve SPS operational efficiencies.
- Line management of one or more Studio Resources Supervisors, particularly within the Studios Resources & Planning team, ensuring that team members are engaged
- Identify future opportunities by relationship building with partners
- Provide reliable data reporting for long-term planning, annual reviews, budget reporting, and business prioritisation in order to reach KPI targets.
- Have a solid understanding of the Studio's / OB technical and operational procedures.
- Promote the value of effective health and safety practises and overall workplace well-being.
What you'll bring:
- Highly motivated, with a dedication to continuous self-improvement.
- A strong work ethic, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- An effective communicator, able to collate, present and/or disseminate information clearly and quickly
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise
- Understanding of broadcast operations workflows, particularly broadcast production management
- Strong knowledge of word and power-point for reporting and presentation
Team Overview:Sky Production ServicesSky Production Services is the home of content creation and innovation for Sky and beyond. We provide outstanding facilities and talent for storytellers, including Studios, Post Production and other content production resources. We want to give our customers the best viewing experience, from the picture they see, the sound they hear to the entertainment, sports or news programme they choose to watch.
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.