Senior Accountant - Real Estate - Any location in the UK
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND MAKE YOUR MARK
Looking to put your technical expertise to work, grow and make a real difference? With 8000+ clients across 18 locations worldwide Ocorian is a global leader in fiduciary services, fund and capital market administration services where your professionalism, ideas and energy are truly valued as we seek to reinvent administration to better serve our clients.
Join our team as a home-worker and your ideas and input will also help us refine and develop a remote and flexible working model!
Senior Accountant in Client Accounting Solutions (CAS) Team reporting to an Associate Director.
To provide support and assistance to the Directors, Managers and Administrators of Ocorian through the timely preparation of clients' financial statements for the international finance business lines. Taking responsibility for the management and technical support of a team of accountants with the support of the existing management team.
To ensure adherence with Ocorian policy and procedure at all times and in conjunction with the Client Accounting Solutions management team, liaise with the management of Ocorian to ensure smooth operation of the department and the provision of professional and high quality service to clients for which Ocorian provides services.
This role is made available for remote workers, whereby the role is performed remotely, 100% from the employee’s home. This is a permanent, full-time position, with the possibility to work flexible hours subject to business requirements.
Ocorian is a supportive and friendly team environment where your opinion counts, and help is always at hand to get things done and improve. As part of a small group of remote workers you will also have an important role to play in helping us shape Ocorian’s service delivery and remote working experience by giving regular feedback and ideas so that you can make a difference and make your mark.
• To manage a wide portfolio of real estate investment structures and act as the the financial controller for the client for portfolio of entities in excess of 70 entities;
• Maintain bi-monthly cash flow forecast updating for real time data providing recommendations on cash to be held on deposit and transferred between the various group entities;
• Maintain annual budget maintaining actual to budget keep track of expenditure between different years and responding to client queries in a timely manner;
• Liaise with the relevant administration teams and accountants in different jurisdictions as well reviewing and processing the individual entity records to gain a understanding of the full structure and best advise the use of cash;
• Review accounts preparation working papers and financial statements as a quality control function in assisting the financial reporting manager during quarterly and year end reporting;
• Ensure all operational policies, procedures and checklists are followed and all internal and external deadlines are identified and met;
• Take an active role in projects that may be required by the business.
– Identify opportunities to enhance and develop the service provided by the Client Accounting Solutions (CAS) Team;
– To participate in and contribute to management meetings and implement decisions taken or carry out any function/activity reasonable required by the Directors or Span of Control Committee;
– To take an active role in projects in projects within the department to enhance the client delivery and increased efficiently of the business; and
– To carry out any function/activity required by the Management team or Directors from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• The post holder will be a Qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA/ACCA) with minimum 4 years experience post-qualification with a particular emphasis on the real estate sector;
• Minimum 18 months experience delivering outstanding client service in the finance sector;
• Experience with Navision, eFront and Value Financials desirable;
• As a result of study and experience, possess a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of accounts preparation process compliant with the applicable generally accepted accounting standards;
• Proven ability to work under pressure and satisfy demanding client deadlines;
• A solution driven attitude to problems with ability to inspire and support the CAS team with innovative ways to drive the business forward;
• Ability to balance working within a team while also progressing autonomously using own initiative to pioneer excellent client service;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels in order to provide a seamless administration service;
• Exceptional Accounting & Excel knowledge and skills;
• Ability to apply professional rigour and focus while providing practical solutions;
• Strong time management and organisation skills; and
• Preferably and ex-auditor.
This role is part of remote working, whereby the role is performed remotely, 100% from the employee’s home. Before applying for this role, please be sure that you can answer “yes” to the following questions;
• Have you gained at least 5 years of work experience?
• Are you self-disciplined and self-motivated?
• Have you had experience working remotely before?
• Will you have internet bandwidth of at least 10MBS (download and upload)?
• Do you have an appropriate space in your home that will enable you to work without distraction?
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
• We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
• We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
• We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.