Python Developer - Flexible Working Available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky is currently seeking passionate and effective agile Python application developers, with a proven track record of developing backend software, to help grow the online business. You will join the Sales and Service department supporting the sales of Now for Sky and Peacock for NBCU. You will be working on the core components supporting product, pricing and offer management.
What you'll do:
- Deliver production-ready running tested Python software as part of a mostly-Java stack of components (Java experience is desirable, but not strictly required).
- Work as part of the team to support and maintain the live product (including first line support).
- Additional training on Java/Spring applications as part of your usual development activities is available.
- Developing and maintaining internal facing web front ends.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to write user stories, providing information such as cost (estimates) and technical risk.
- Work with the testers to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied.
What you'll bring:
- Proven delivery experience of large-scale, Python-based backend projects. Understanding of efficient Python data structures and implementations, working with Agile methodologies and Scrum.
- Comfortable with practices like pair programming and code review. Strong experience of pair programming is must. This will take up 90% of your role.
- Experience with high volume high availability systems (backend focus), Understanding principles of Micro Services Architecture.
- Familiar with REST APIs, Flask (or Django is Okay). Comfortable with Unix/ Linux/ MacOS Environment.
- Software engineering practices including design patterns, automated build and test systems for CI/CD (using Jenkins or similar) and TDD.
- Experience with performance testing frameworks e.g. Gatling, J-Meter and a bonus to have experience with Celery, Redis, Neo4j, Kafka.
- Understanding of complex data structures (e.g. Graphs). Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools like Logstash, Kibana, Prometheus, Alert Manager & Grafana.
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in share at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.