Salesforce Administrator/Developer (Home working – anywhere in UK or IRE)
Job title: Salesforce Administrator/Developer (Home working – anywhere in UK or IRE)
JURISDICTION: UK or IRELAND
Reporting to: Head of Software Development
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND MAKE YOUR MARK
Looking to put your technical expertise to work, grow and make a real difference? With 8000+ clients across 18 locations worldwide Ocorian is a global leader in fiduciary services, fund and capital market administration services where your professionalism, ideas and energy are truly valued as we seek to reinvent administration to better serve our clients.
Join our team as a home-worker and your ideas and input will also help us refine and develop a remote and flexible working model!
- The Salesforce Administrator will be the primary technical owner of and recognised source of expertise on the Ocorian Salesforce platform with responsibility for supporting, enhancing and customising the platform in line with business needs.
- To work with the wider IT team to define, implement and support application and data integrations between Salesforce and other Ocorian line of business applications.
- To work with the wider Salesforce team, including the business owner and product champions/super users, to assist in defining business requirements and translating these into deliverables.
- Ensure the secure operation of the Salesforce platform in accordance with relevant regulatory and Ocorian Information Security guidelines.
- To help deliver high quality and consistency across data, processes and reporting in all business areas and jurisdictions in line with Ocorian's information security model, controls and procedures.
- To produce and maintain clear and succinct systems and integrations documentation. Where custom development is required, this role will help produce clear specifications, including use and test cases, for developers working in an Agile DevOps oriented development environment and ensure appropriate quality testing.
This role is made available for remote workers, whereby the role is performed 100% from the employee’s home ANYWHERE IN THE UK AND IRELAND. It offers the possibility to work flexible hours subject to business requirements.
Ocorian is a supportive and friendly team environment where your opinion counts, and help is always at hand to get things done and improve. As part of a small group of remote workers you will also have an important role to play in helping us shape Ocorian’s service delivery and remote working experience by giving regular feedback and ideas so that you can make a difference and make your mark.
- Be a recognised source of expertise and knowledge on the Salesforce application, including any data links or integrations with other Ocorian applications such as the round-tripping of data between Salesforce and Ocorian's other applications.
- To carry out the technical day-to-day management and administration of the Ocorian Salesforce platform including:
a) Tier 2/3 technical support including diagnosing, troubleshooting and escalating platform and configuration issues to Salesforce
b) Management of Workflow, Assignment & Validation Rules
c) Use of Process Builder / Visual Flow
d) Create reports and dashboards in Salesforce to meet agreed business needs
e) Creation and support for email and mail merge templates
f) Application configuration and management including creation of new fields, page layouts & objects; home page announcements; data lists and list views
g) User record management including new user set-ups and deactivation and transferring ownership of accounts/contacts/opportunities for deactivated users
- Ensure the security of the Salesforce platform in conjunction with developers and the Ocorian Information Security team and work within the Ocorian Change Control environment
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to identify, develop and deploy new automated business processes through the customisation of the Salesforce application
- Act as the central co-ordinator for Salesforce upgrades and new releases including carrying out new release evaluations and impact assessments with appropriate systems and user testing, liaising with the Learning and Development team where end user training is required.
- Ensure the stability and functionality of the platform and provide metrics to demonstrate failure areas to drive improvement plans
- Analyse current and future business needs to ensure fitness for function across the platform and shape the future Salesforce strategy.
knowledge, skills and experience
- A Salesforce Certified Administrator and Salesforce Certified App Builder with 3 years proven experience.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes.
- Experience of Sales Cloud and Pardot is essential.
- Experience working within a change controlled environment.
- The postholder must be quick and clear thinking with the ability to devise innovative solutions where appropriate and with the self-motivation to tackle tasks independently where required.
- The ability to work logically and efficiently under pressure is essential do a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritise simultaneous requests is key.
- 7. The role involves interactions at all levels of Ocorian and with external parties, so a high level of integrity, strong written and oral communication skills and a personable nature are highly necessary.
- A willingness to support the future growth and success of the Group.
This role is part of remote working, whereby the role is performed remotely, 100% from the employee’s home. Before applying for this role, please be sure that you can answer “yes” to the following questions;
- Have you gained at least 5 years of work experience?
- Are you self-disciplined and self-motivated?
- Have you had experience working remotely before?
- Will you have internet bandwidth of at least 10MBS (download and upload)?
- Do you have an appropriate space in your home that will enable you to work without distraction?
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff – wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE – Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.