Head of Studio Output, Sky News
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Head of Studio Output is responsible for the day-to-day leadership, management of all directors and Floor managers across Sky News, along with driving the creative output. Working to the Director Of Content you will innovate and deliver world class programming. Working closely with Sky Creative you will keep Sky News is at the cutting edge of on-screen design and innovation, whilst aligning with the wider Sky brand.
What you'll do:
- Oversee all studio output, set design and broadcast graphics
- Lead on the look and feel of Sky News on broadcast platforms
- Lead and Manage the Directors and Floor Managers
- Present regular performance, budget and creative updates to the Director of Content
- Assist the Director of Content with creative development, management of staff, and financial planning
- Brief the design team of Sky News Priorities, manage creative timelines and ensure alignment between Sky News, and other Sky brands
- Drive an environment where people are treated with integrity and respect.
- Contribute energy and ideas as part of the senior leadership team of Sky News
What you'll bring:
- Experienced leader of people with strong track record in directing live and pre-recorded high-quality TV news output.
- Strong technical background with up to date knowledge of new and developing industry solutions.
- Experience working closely with creative teams
- Creative problem solver who provides solutions to challenges and encourages others to do the same.
- Experienced at delivering feedback, both positive and negative, to team of directors and floor managers.
- Co-Operative and collaborative with others as well as confident in their own decision making.
Team Overview:Sky NewsSky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.