Sky News Assistant Editor
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We are looking for an Assistant Editor to work on our breakfast programme who can confidently decide editorial priorities, handle the live Sky News gallery and work under pressure while leading a team of producers.
"This high profile senior editorial position puts you at the sharp end of Sky News journalism and production" - Neil Dunwoodie, Head of News Output.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of producers building and subbing the TV output
- Run the television output from the gallery and handle breaking news.
- Come up with fantastic ideas for the coverage of a wide range of stories and plan future high-profile guest segments
- Be confident on location producing presenters on outside broadcasts
- Oversee commissioning and delivery of graphics and news reports
- Get involved in the planning and delivery of special projects and step up to Output Editor when required
What you'll bring:
- Significant editorial experience in a news broadcast environment
- Outstanding news Judgment
- Gallery Leadership - especially for breaking news
- Team leadership - leading producers on shift and acting as line manager
- Creativity - coming up with ideas for stories, guests and treatments
- Digital awareness - an understanding of the changing habits of our audience and the fundamental importance of mobile
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.