Support Developer - eCommerce
About the Team
Working in a team of talented Support Developers who have a passion for support and continuous improvement, responsible for ensuring the availability and uptime of the Next eCommerce estate.
About the Role
- Working as a Support Developer across our UK and international eCommerce platforms, you’ll identify, diagnose and resolve incidents via a multitude of monitoring tools. You will also respond to incidents reported from within the business via our incident logging applications. You will ensure issues are appropriately prioritised and resolved in a timely manner as befits a major online retailer.
- You’ll conduct proactive monitoring, ensuring the maximum uptime of the core infrastructure and provide and assist in root cause analysis; ensuring preventative measures are implemented. You’ll also use your expertise and experience to help us continually improve our processes, with opportunities to improve existing/develop new tools, reinforcing the proactive nature of the team.
- Business means you will have exposure to many different systems and you will play an active role in keeping our online business continually expanding. There will be plenty of opportunity to roll up your sleeves and dive into code in order to fully understand issues.
The role will involve regular evening and weekend work for which a premium rate will be paid. Regular home working will be part of the package.
You will work six months of normal working hours and six months of premium shifts each year.
The premium shifts are of three types
1. Weekday evenings 4:30 to midnight Mon to Friday
2. Weekend days :8:30-5 Sat/Sun + 3 days normal office hours
3. Weekend nights 4:30 to midnight Sat/Sun + 3 days normal office hours
Six months of premium shifts will break down into 8.4 weeks of each type of shift.
Each shift will be paid a premium rate which will add up to 40% on top of your normal pay over the year.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!