Team Leader - Flexible Working Available
At Just we encourage a flexible and agile working environment for the majority of our opportunities. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for the motivation, coaching, training & development of your team to proactively support them in exceeding service delivery levels.
You will also ensure that there are adequate staffing levels and training within the team, so as the necessary resources are available to meet agreed standards of performance and key performance indicators, which you will actively monitor against required targets and standards.
You will embody and exhibit the behaviours of `Leadership by Example’ by maintaining your own professional development, technical knowledge and leadership skills to effectively lead and direct your team members to ensure that all aspects of their work are completed in both a timely manner and to the highest possible standard.
Whilst experience within Financial Services/Life & Pensions would be advantageous it is not essential.
- Monitor team’s performance against agreed standards/SLA levels.
- Lead and direct team members to ensure all tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Recognise and identify any trends/training requirements that may arise and ensure that appropriate action is taken to resolve these issues.
- Maintain your own technical knowledge and leading the team by example.
- Holding regular 1:1/PDP chats with team members and providing any relevant training/support as required.
- Actively participate in any project or change initiatives. Ensuring the appropriate resources are engaged and available to support the successful delivery and implementation of each change and minimising impact on on-going service.
- Act as liaison with contemporaries across the business and other organisations in order to build relationships and facilitate high quality levels of service.
- Carry out regular monthly reviews for each team member, ensuring all individuals have personal development plans and SMART objectives.
- Effectively communicate across the business and monitor the working relationships of team members with other areas e.g. Sales, Relationship Management and Business Development.
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) as a minimum and have 5 passes at Grade C or above - including Maths & English.
- Ideally Degree educated or have Professional equivalent qualifications.
- Extremely organised, with the ability to make intelligent decisions when faced with competing priorities and fluctuating workloads.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Able to work as part of and develop an effective team which is capable of delivering results.
- A confident leader with good influencing skills.
- Customer and sales focussed.
- Ability to work as part of, and develop effective teams in order to deliver results.
- Resilient and able to adapt, with the ability to work hands-on when required.
- Able to evidence a proven track record of success in a management role with responsibility for managing teams in the delivery of service excellence and staff development.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- A Competitive Salary, amazing Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 28 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.