Mortgage Underwriter (Flexible Working)
Are you an experienced Mortgage Underwriter? Do you constantly look for new ways to improve existing processes? Can you use your mortgage knowledge to support our colleagues and customers? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Our Mortgage Underwriting team is growing and we are looking for a number of underwriters to take our customer offering to a whole new level! As a Mortgage Underwriter, you will be responsible for making sure that appropriate mortgage lending decisions are made for our customers in a well-timed manner. As a part of your role, you will provide support to colleagues on all mortgage enquires and applications.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what will you be doing?
• Supporting and guiding colleagues on all matters relating to the underwriting and mortgages completion
• Making mortgage lending decisions in line with delegated lending authority and Bank’s lending policy
• Managing high volumes of new applications and enquiries and completing them within our service-level-agreements
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• In order to hit the ground running, you will have experience in mortgage underwriting and residential mortgage lending
• You need to have a good understanding of the current mortgage industry trends, competitors and products (including portfolio buy-to-let, limited company buy-to-let, near/subprime, shared ownership and government lending schemes)
• Naturally, you will have extensive knowledge of mortgage regulation and legal requirements surrounding mortgage underwriting
• To be successful in this role, you will have thorough knowledge of mortgage assessment techniques and tools
• If you have a CeMAP qualification, that would be fantastic, however this is not essential