Lead Portfolio Insight Manager - Credit Risk
Are you able to provide strategic insight on retail and commercial portfolios? Can you help define credit risk policy and appetite? Do you enjoy nurturing teams and helping them grow? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Lead Portfolio Insights Manager, you will support the strategic management of credit risk across both retail and commercial customers through the provision of portfolio-level insight, reporting and analytics. You will also develop, implement and oversee the credit risk appetite framework and limits, in alignment with the Bank’s strategic and financial plans.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading the production of cross-bank credit risk reports and making sure these are accurate, timely and insightful
• Developing and implementing the credit risk appetite framework and limits
• Leading the delivery of forecasted and stressed credit risk impairments, including IRB risk weighted assets
• Developing and leading the production of reports for stressed credit risk weighted assets (RWAs) and impairments
• Liaising with Retail Credit, Commercial Credit and Credit Risk Modelling teams to provide credit risk insight and stress testing analysis
• Providing expertise and advice to colleagues across the Bank on credit risk RWAs
• Leading the development of credit risk policies in line with the Bank's credit risk management framework
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• It is essential you have experience in credit risk management across both retail and commercial portfolios
• You must have experience in credit risk data analysis with the ability to work with technical data and reporting teams
• Ideally, you will have knowledge of credit risk modelling approaches for IRB, IFRS9 and stress testing
• You will have experience in developing and implementing credit risk impairment and IRB RWA forecasting and stress testing frameworks
• It would be amazing, if you have experience in producing credit risk components of an ICAAP
• Ideally, you will have experience using SAS and overseeing others in its use