As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Discovery operates on a worldwide basis to produce & acquire content from thousands of global partners, schedule hundreds of linear TV & online channels, and distribute content to hundreds of affiliates including cable TV, free-to-air broadcast, and online video providers such as Amazon and iTunes.
The Technical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the seamless technical delivery of live broadcasted events that are produced from the London Technology Hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Technical Supervisor takes a lead role on site as a primary contact for production partners and crew during the set up and delivery of live events. Working as part of the onsite broadcast team you are responsible for ensuring the production suites are operating to the highest standards.
You will be responsible for-
- Working in partnership with clients to interpret production requirements, support plans for execution and communicate these needs to wider teams.
- Daily management of the operational PCR crew – Vision Mixer/Director, LiveTouch and Graphics Operators
- Be a key point of contact for upcoming productions and on program days
- Drive forward the system and software development needs for the facility alongside the sound Supervisor and the Engineering team, overseeing testing, implementation, and relevant training
- Thorough understanding and extensive knowledge of the sports production process and technical requirements needed to deliver the product, gained from experience within broadcast and the commercial sector
- Understanding of the design and operation, of complex broadcast IP systems infrastructure is an advantage
- Proven ability to successfully form and manage relationships with production partners and clients in an international environment
- Experience managing broadcasting/PCR teams
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, develop and inspire a team
- This role is shift based to cover the productions broadcast from The London Technology Hub, and from time to time there may be requirement to work on location internationally.
Why work for us?
You will be working in a fun, fast paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We value our staff and put people at the centre of everything we do. Consumers, Customers, Partners and Employees. In addition to our excellent benefits package we also have employee-centric offerings such as our on-site medical centre, back-up child & elder care sessions and enhanced family leave. We are proud to be a proactively diverse organisation with a variety of employee groups that we engage with to ensure continuous improvement of our organisation.
If you are looking for a challenging role with real business impact, we'd love to hear from you!