Tax & Transfer Pricing Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a varied role in a dynamic and global organization. The Tax & Transfer Pricing Manager will support the Global Transfer Pricing team and the EMEA Tax team across various needs, including business restructurings, transfer pricing forecasts & documentation, and compliance. There is a fixed Transfer Pricing element to the role, with the remaining time supporting the EMEA Tax team as the need arises.
We work as a team. This position requires a team player that is willing to fluidly share the work burdens of the international group and expand their role as needed. This role will require collaboration across the global tax team and EY Co Sourcing members, as well as various other relevant stakeholders within Discovery. Effective communication and project management skills are critical to the success of this role.
The role will span a wide range of tax matters including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
Transfer Pricing Responsibilities:
• Quarterly (and as needed for tax restructuring, impairment testing, etc.), prepare global transfer pricing forecasts.
• Work with external advisors and internal stakeholders on data aspects of legal entity valuations.
• Liaise with EY co-sourcing on monthly and/or quarterly European TP calculations.
• Support preparation of global country-by-country reporting.
• Support administration of intercompany agreements.
• Ad-hoc analyses for tax and TP planning purposes.
• Support the EMEA and wider tax team on business restructurings and M&A activity.
• Legal entity rationalisation project.
• Taxation of the Digital Economy – identification of impact of Pillar I and II.
• Act as an interface between the international planning and tax compliance and accounting teams.
• Lead ad-hoc compliance projects – eg R&D tax credits.
• Oversee the group’s approach to MDR.
• Support the tax team and local CFOs on tax audits and controversy issues.
• Management of day to day tax queries from Shared Services Centre, Content Accounting and similar teams.
• Monitor and advise on legislative and regulatory changes in EMEA and the media industry.
• Manage and liaise with EY co sourcing team and external tax advisors.
• Experience with and knowledge of US and OECD transfer pricing principles.
• Broad knowledge of EMEA tax laws and regulations.
• Understanding of US and International accounting concepts.
• Experience with double tax treaties, withholding tax and foreign tax credit issues.
• Experience with cross border M&A and associated due diligence.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent excel and powerpoint skills.
• Ability to interact effectively within a matrixed environment across the global tax team, members of the finance department, and corporate stakeholders.
• Ability to clearly communicate goals and motivate internal and external constituents with confidence.
• Ability to work in a fast-changing environment with diverse stakeholders.
• Strong project management skills.