Due to current circumstances, remote working options are available
There couldn’t be a better time to join our Digital Team, with so much focus on online, we are investing and coming up with new ideas every day. Due to growth we are now seeking a talented UI Designer who will be responsible for the production of creative UI solutions that support the UX optimisation programme.
What you’ll be doing:
• Creation of engaging and effective page layouts and designs in response to briefs from the trading and marketing teams
• Development of creative concepts, documenting design rules and patterns based on data and analysis of user journeys
• Collaboration with the design team providing support and overflow capacity for general design briefs
• Contributing to discussions and projects aimed at improving the UI/UX of the WHSmith website
Optimisation Team, Web Team, Design Team, Trading and Marketing Teams
What we are looking for:
• Proven commercial design experience, ideally in ecommerce
• A degree in related studies is desirable but not essential
• Experience with Adobe Creative suite - Photoshop, XD, Illustrator
• Knowledge of Mobile First design principles
• Understanding of front end coding is preferable
• Strong understanding of design standards and a creative flair
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Versatile approach with problems and challenges
• Great understanding of user experience and web standards
• Ability to manage time and resources effectively
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be at of the hub of an incredibly fast-moving function and you’ll be trusted to make decisions that benefit the business. It’s a serious responsibility – which will seriously motivate you. You’ll thrive on the freedom and the chance to use your skills and will be supported with plenty of training and development opportunities.
What’s more, you can expect some fab rewards, including an achievable annual bonus, 24 days’ holiday (and the option to buy more), a competitive pension, the perks of your birthday off and an early finish on Fridays, and lots more!