IT Services Assistant
A great success story…
Funky Pigeon has seen significant growth in the market place, achieving great success as a leading brand name not only in the UK, but is now also making a huge impact in Ireland. We believe that the customer orders are at the heart of this success, and so we use a range of technical solutions to ensure the effective running of our business for the benefit of the customer.
Due to the continuing growth of Funky Pigeon, a brilliant opportunity has arisen for an IT Services Assistant to join the Funky Pigeon team based in Bristol. The main purpose of this role is assisting with the correction of customer orders and supporting our production processes from web through to print during the extended operating hours of the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an eye for detail and experience working with photo editing/design applications, looking to join an exciting fast paced organisation.
What you’ll be doing:
• Ensuring customer orders that require modifying are corrected and reprocessed using the applications available
• Ensuring critical print- production services are running at all times and starting them if ever stopped
• Liase closely with production facility staff and customer service staff
• Assisting with documentation of workflows and processes
• Learning and understanding the applications central to the creation of the products and running of the business
• Testing the production applications, processes and the website
• Provide additional support from time to time with out of hours changes to IT solutions and testing those solutions
• Communicating with third party IT support providers for the day to day processes
• Supporting the IT department with the evolution of the production workflows and infrastructure, identifying ongoing areas of improvement
What we are looking for:
• Ideally, you will have experience in the graphic design industry but with a preference for technical solutions and problem solving
• Experience working in the retail sector is also of benefit, preferably an e-commerce one so as to understand our business model and the pressures it can face from an IT perspective
• Must be competent using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• An understanding of Microsoft Windows OS and basic computer network terminology would be beneficial
• An understanding of print production processes and digital file formats is essential
• Strong communication skills
• Good attention to detail with a structured, organised approach to work
• Proactive and able to use own initiative
• Experience working within an online/web based business beneficial
• Awareness of the computer language ‘XML’ highly advantageous
• Understanding of Cloud-Computing and IT infrastructure advantageous
Whoever joins us always receives excellent training and development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday, store discount card and childcare vouchers. For customer focused, career focused individuals this all adds up to a unique opportunity. If successful, candidates will be required to obtain a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
“WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community”