We are seeking talented Senior Software Engineers who have substantial proficiency in a broad range of software development and programming fields. You must have deep understanding of distributed systems design with experience in building cloud native systems. You must have knowledge of data analysis, SQL/NoSQL database design principles, and business requirements analysis to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to incorporate these needs into technical solutions.
Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed technical design and high performing distributed applications.
- Design and build cloud native application for a given business use case, based on a set of core components using cloud native tools and technologies
- Design, implement, and maintain enterprise-level security
- Conduct design and code reviews in a Continuous Integration environment
- Support automated system testing, user testing, and production implementation
- Work in a geographically dispersed team
- Strong organisational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, client service oriented and resilient
Experience with Elastic Search on ELK Stack
- Demonstrated experience with object oriented and functional design, coding, and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering software platforms
- Expert-level proficiency in Java 8.0
- Experience designing cloud native applications in AWS with latest containerisation technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and NoSQL database (e.g. HBase, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience building high throughput APIs using Spring Boot, gRPC, and GraphQL
- Experience of working on various data integration tools for both ETL as well as ELT processing
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.