Commercial Financial Controller (Return To Work Programme)
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We delighted to launch our third Sky Returner Programme in partnership with Women Returners. The programme is designed to support talented professionals who have taken an extended career break, back into the workforce. The programme will take the form of a paid six-month placement, commencing in April 2021. At the end of the programme, you will be well placed to apply for permanent opportunities at Sky.
What you’ll do:
We know that talent extends beyond a professional CV. The Sky Returner Programme offers the opportunity to join our forward-thinking, innovative and inclusive workforce, where flexibility and creativity is encouraged.
- You’ll be placed on a project or in a team where your skills and experience will be highly valued and utilised.
- Participate in coaching workshops from Women Returners, and benefit from focused training and mentoring to support your transition back to the workplace.
- Build strong relationships across the finance team and wider Sky business
- Take the lead on establishing relationships with a business area supported by you and your team
- Work with your team to prepare management reporting and insight
What you’ll bring:
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA etc. or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in a finance function at Manager level in a medium to large size organisation
- The programme is designed for people who have taken a break from their previous careers for two or more years and have the right to work in the UK. During this time, you may have worked on a small-scale or self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
Commercial Finance is at the heart of Sky’s success. Our business partnering model is central to our role as a trusted advisor to the Exec and business. We strive to be a world-class Commercial Finance team – that means we’re forward looking and restless. Our work provides the support for great decisions and financial out-performance through quick, clear actionable insight alongside building best in class analytical and cost transformation capabilities. We recognise that getting the best from our team is the key to success, providing excellent development, support and progression in a diverse, inclusive and high-performance environment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Access to free NOWTV, for streaming all your favourite shows
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
The majority of our employees are currently working from home due to current circumstances. During this time, we will support you with the necessary equipment such as a desk, chair additional monitor etc to make working from home that little bit easier. When we do return to the office, we warmly welcome you to the home of Sky, Osterley Campus..
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working!
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.