Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend, and Discovery+.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms. It combines expertise, passion, and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
We are an international business with teams across Europe, and relationships with suppliers and organisations around the world. We are building and growing direct-to-consumer digital products (both advertising and subscription-supported), and we are seeking an Implementation Specialist
As an integral member of the Eurosport Product team, you will work closely with the Analytics Product Manager to lead conversations about Analytics requirements, build backlog and work with Developers to deliver this. You will be responsible for representing these stakeholders to Technology workstreams; specifically ensuring understanding, visibility, and resolution of data issues. You will be required to complete multiple tasks correctly and to deadline and identify risks, escalating when necessary.
• Partner with stakeholders across the entire business to develop solutions for analytics and data integration as well as analysis and reporting
• Ensure the business fully utilises its Analytics tools and solutions, making full use of technologies, processes, and applications to analyse data and deliver competitive intelligence
• With a strong analytics background within a digital environment, you will apply analysis methodologies and domain knowledge to ensure the implementation is efficient and futureproofed.
• Proven experience of creating tracking/analytics specs based on the requirements for platform teams to implement and then configuring Adobe Launch to ensure reporting in Adobe Analytics is as per the requirements. This covers end to end implementation support for dev teams and post implementation data queries raised by insight team
• Demonstrable experience of applying Analytics tools and methodologies in digital environment
• Experience of working across all stages of software development with a mixture of in-house, outsourced and offshore teams
• Ability to break down Analytics requirements for agile software development
• Experience of maintaining Backlog / Requirements in Jira
• Ability to summarise detail and produce quality deliverables (in the form of documents /slides)
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively between Product, Analytics and Technology
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
• Exposure to data and analytics best practices
• Experience in Broadcast/Media domain is highly desirable
Technical Experience & Knowledge In
• Analytics on different platforms including mobile web, iOS, and Android
• Analytics experience on connected tv devices (e.g. chromecast, Playstation) – ideal but not required
• Familiarity with technologies including: JSON, XML,SQL and other Query Tools
• Ensuring consistent measurement and use of data across teams
• Adobe Experience Cloud including Adobe Launch, Analytics, and Heartbeat products