Residential Support Worker - Carnforth Area
Being the difference on a tough day. That’s the feelgood factor.
Residential Support Worker
You were the peace maker. You were the referee. You were the cook and the games master too. It wasn’t an easy day, and it certainly wasn’t quiet either. And, you know what? You loved every last second of it.
Why? Well, when everything calmed down towards the end of the day and the children had finished all their homework and were watching TV, playing video games and feeling cosy and relaxed, you knew that it was your sustained presence that had enabled those young people to get beyond their challenging behaviours and access their sense of security.
What a different experience they’d have had if they hadn’t had someone as reliable as you in their lives. You can congratulate yourself for that – you are a rare kind, indeed. And that’s why we, here at Witherslack Group, are so keen to talk to working mums/dads like you.
Working for Witherslack Group
We’re on the same page – we want the same things as you. Great outcomes for young people experiencing challenges in their lives. That’s why we’ve made a huge investment in buildings in beautiful locations, with facilities that will inspire young people and help them to feel at home. And not just in the care homes, like the one you’ll be joining, but in our own schools too, so that their wellbeing is treated holistically and so that all the dots are connected.
Our teams include Registered Managers, Teachers and those offering therapeutic care, to name just a few. So, whenever you experience a situation that makes you think, ‘I could do with talking to X person right now,’ that person will be right there at the end of the phone and they’ll already have some insight into what’s going on, thanks to detailed, shared case files and one-to-one experience with the same child.
From day to day, you’ll get involved in all the little things that, while the young people might not even notice, make a lasting difference to their quality of life. Things like:
• Making sure they’re up on time for school and have a good breakfast inside them
• Washing and folding their clothes so they feel clean and presentable
• Getting their evening meals ready and planning things for them to do when they get home
• Helping them work through their homework (even when it baffles you, too)
• Encouraging them to get involved in activities or to just relax into their evenings and feel at home
• Ensuring the paperwork and reporting is all in order, to maintain that connectivity we talked about
Benefits and support
Even a selfless person like you has ambition and the desire to focus on your own development. That’s why you’re considering a change at this point, just because you know you need to take care of yourself too. So, you’ll be looking for an employer willing to adapt the way it operates based on the collective feedback of its people. You’ll be hoping to develop professionally and to get some more training on understanding Positive Behaviour Support and the best ways to deescalate challenging situations.
Well, at Witherslack, you’ll have all that and more. Our benefits package includes:
- A very competitive salary, as the young people in our homes require care each day of the year, with a £1,000 annual attendance bonus, and an extra allowance for sleep-ins
- 7 weeks’ holidays (35 days), including Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme, up to 5%
- Extensive Group staff benefits, such as a Medicash Health Plan/Employee Assistance and Cycle-to-Work scheme
- Enhanced DBS checks with costs covered for all new employees
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training
It’s not going to be an easy choice to make the change. But we can assure you of this: it’ll be a choice you’ll be glad you made and one you’ll want to stick with for the long-term. We are so excited to get to know you.
To apply click below
The Witherslack Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.