Snr Project Manager
Eurosport Digital is Discovery's primary drive into the Direct to Consumer business in Europe. It currently comprises two parts; Eurosport.com - the continent's number one sports news website - and Eurosport Player, a leading subscription-based OTT sports platform available across Europe.
The business is in a period of high growth, fueled by investment in rights, marketing, product and content.
Discovery+ is excited to announce that we’re recruiting a Senior Project Manager as part of the EMEA Content and Business Operations team.
Discovery+ is Discovery's direct-to-consumer entertainment platform available throughout the APAC and EMEA regions. Here at discovery+, we ideate and bring to life transformational video-on-demand products; redefining how lovers of Discovery content engage with the shows they know-and-love across the globe.
As part of the Operations team, you will help shape and steer strategic projects for discovery+ across the EMEA region. In close collaboration with the discovery+ (Product, Tech, Data, Growth, CX) and wider Discovery teams, you’ll be responsible for coordinating cross-department initiatives, tracking progress, reporting, and course-correcting over the full project life-cycle. All of which, to deliver the best possible service for our discovery+ customers.
Most excitingly, as a discovery+ team member, you will be part of shaping how millions of users across the globe consume Discovery's vast catalogue of content on a daily basis.
1. Oversee and manage the delivery of key projects across discovery+’s Content and Business Operations teams
2. Work with the department leads to set the vision and respective goals for our projects; defining how success will be measured
3. Partner with the wider Discovery business units to create unified project plans–driving impact on key metrics and delivering against the businesses objectives
4. Continual collaboration with stakeholders (both internal and external) to identify, manage and resolve any dependencies, risks and issues throughout the life-cycle of the project
5. Diligently track and report back to stakeholders on the health and finances of the project. Articulating progress against the projects workstreams, highlighting key risks/issues/dependencies and their respective mitigation or resolution strategies
6. Facilitate planning and requirements gathering sessions with the various business units, stakeholders and product teams
7. Collaborate with various business units and stakeholders to scope out new projects and initiatives. Resulting in the development of the project, resourcing, communication and financial plans
8. Define the required ‘ways of working processes’ to ensure successful project delivery
9. Facilitation of workshops and prioritisation sessions
11. Strong communication and organisational skills. Ability to self-organise, take ownership of a project, and drive it through to completion
12. Ability to present to and manage stakeholders expectations throughout the project life cycle
13. Ability to identify and manage risk throughout a project–escalating and resolving issues as they arise
14. Maintain rigorous project management and quality standards
15. Ability to construct and maintain a detailed project plan throughout the lifecycle of a project
16. Ability to diligently scope out a project, define the resourcing requirements–then manage deliverables and outcomes over the duration of the project
17. Able to build strong relationships with both the team and external stakeholders–to achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances
18. Ability to manage and mitigate conflict within the team
19. Proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and a positive approach
20. Strong customer service ethos, committed to quality, with the will and enthusiasm to drive improvements
21. Strong analytical skills
1. Proven delivery and on-going management of a high-traffic multi-platform customer-facing service
2. Proven end-to-end delivery of business transformation/operations-focussed projects
3. 5+ years in the field of project management
4. High aptitude in managing projects in either a Waterfall or Agile methodology
5. Delivery of projects involving distributed teams and 3rd party suppliers
6. Experience with the Atlassian suite. In particular, JIRA and Confluence
1. An in-depth understanding of broadcast data and video transcoding workflows and systems
2. Experience in the end-to-end delivery of web and mobile applications
3. Experience with multilingual application development and roll-out
4. Experience in overseeing cross-disciplined product teams (Design/UX/Technology/Data)
5. Line management experience