Data Visualization Developer
The Global Data Analytics team enables Discovery to turn data into action. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team supports company efforts to increase revenue, drive ratings, and enhance consumer engagement.
The Data Visualization Developer is responsible for creating and delivering data visualization solutions across the global enterprise. This position will partner with business end-users as well as colleagues in the Global Data Analytics team to develop and implement collaborative solutions to data and analytics problems using Power BI. The ideal candidate should have advanced Power BI experience, including writing complex DAX calculations and data modelling.
- Investigate and understand data structures and how they can be used to produce the desired reporting
- Develop efficient scripted data preparation workflows utilizing M/Power Query
- Enable effective analytics through the creation of column, table, and measure DAX expressions
- Work with stakeholders to design and build effective data visualizations that support business decision-making and problem-solving
- Prepare documentation of technical requirements and data definitions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Power BI
- Strong experience developing and shaping data with SQL
- Advanced understanding of data architecture