Application Technical Analyst - DPR
Do you love working with mortgage lending technologies? Can you lead on technical changes? Do you want to be part of the British banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Application Technical Analyst for DPR (a mortgage lending platform), you will be an important part of our amazing Surround Applications team, who look after our IT products and make sure they meet our customer’s requirements. This is a fantastic role where you will work on our mortgage lending platform to define the technical loan processes and the product’s general maintenance. You will make constant improvements to our mortgage platform to boost its capabilities, so we can continue to provide a world class service to our customers and create fans.
So what would you be doing?...
• Analysing business requirements for our mortgage platform
• Producing change artefacts and specification documents
• Translating functional requirements from colleagues into technical requirements for our vendors
• Working closely with vendors to get a quick response to our requirements
• Reviewing technical designs against requirements, impact assessments and implications they will have on other technologies related to DPR
• Building strategic relationships with colleagues, vendors and 3rd party suppliers
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will currently be working as an analyst on mortgage related products, ideally with DPR
• It would be amazing if you have experience working within banking or financial services
• In order to be successful in this role, you will have an outstanding ability to configure changes on mortgage lending platforms
• We really need you to have a good understanding of technical roadmaps for mortgage related products
• You will have experience in dealing with vendors
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!