Head of Financial Crime Policy
Are you a financial crime expert? Do you have a passion for policy? Can you lead a team with presence, impact, vigour and zest? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of Financial Crime Policy you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of the Bank’s policy, minimum standards and risk assessment. The Financial Crime Policy Team provide Metro Bank with policy and other key Financial Crime controls in order to comply with regulation and legislation. The team work hard to make our standards simple and to keep our customers safe, so we can continue to provide the best customer service possible and create fans.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading the development and maintenance of our Financial Crime policy and minimum standards and the policy governance and escalations process
• Lead the execution of our bank wide Financial Crime risk assessment
• Conducting horizon scanning to make sure colleagues are appropriately informed of key regulatory, legislative and industry updates
•Providing Financial Crime oversight to controls being built and executed across the bank
• Defining and leading the development of our risk based approach to colleague Financial Crime training
• Leading the development and execution of our Financial Crime governance framework, including Management Information and reporting
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have leadership experience and will have lead teams in a previous and recent role
• Ideally, you will have experience leading and guiding a Financial Crime Policy team
• In order to exceed in this role, you need to know the regulatory, legislative requirements and industry practice for the Financial Crime disciplines; AML/CTF, Sanctions, ABC and Tax Evasion
• You must be able to demonstrate that you have led and inspired teams, as well as built partnerships that enabled you to succeed
• Of course you will have experience managing the design and delivery of key Financial Crime controls including policy drafting and Financial Crime risk assessment
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!