Data Privacy Specialist - Flexible Working Available
Are you a guru when it comes to all things compliance related? Can you understand and simplify difficult reports? Do you love working with data? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Data Privacy Specialist, you will be responsible for creating and looking after a suite of processes and controls to provide Metro Bank with amazing guidance on how to safely store, share and use internal and external personal data. You will also support the Bank in the post GDPR world to make sure ongoing changes are compliant with relevant regulations. This will be part of our great IT team reporting to our Data Protection Officer
So what will you be doing…
• Responding to Data Protection queries across the Bank relating to day to day operational challenges
• Participating in Change workshops to help advise on Data Privacy solutions
• Maintaining strong relationships with colleagues in relation to data privacy reporting and alerts
• Managing all activity relating to the General Data Protection Regulation, including overseeing adherence and making sure changes are overseen within the business
• Monitoring and testing controls relating to data protection
• Coordinating and completing monthly data privacy reporting for relevant committees
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will have experience working within a Data Privacy role
• It would be amazing if you could demonstrate a good undertaking of data privacy risk scoring and reporting
• We would love for you to be able to produce internal data privacy processes and procedures
• Strong communication and analytical skills should come as second nature to you
• Working knowledge of UK / EU Data Privacy Legislation (including GDPR, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, PCI-DSS, EU) is required for this role
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!