IT Risk and Control Specialist
Are you an advocate for promoting a culture of good risk awareness and management? Do you have a sharp eye for detail and excellent organisation skills? Can you help colleagues to prepare for any risks related to IT in the right way? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an IT Risk Governance Analyst, you will be part of our IT Risk and Governance team, who support colleagues in IT risk management activities including making sure policies, controls, and procedures are set out to reduce potential IT risks. Your role is essential in making sure the right processes are in place and reported on, to protect our colleagues and customers, and turn them into fans!
So what will you be doing…
• Overseeing all IT governance processes, procedures and controls
• Coordinating regulatory requests, and external audit engagements
• Supporting Business Impact Assessments (BIA) and Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
• Facilitating access re-certification for key IT applications or platforms
• Tracking governance and making sure all processes are in order
• Monitoring different areas of IT’s audit points and discussing essential points with relevant colleagues
• Preparing, collating and distributing meeting information packs, minutes and reports for IT Risk meetings
• Picking up on ad-hoc work relating to risk and governance
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the coarage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You need to have some experience within IT risk and controls, as an Analyst or Specialist
• To be amazing in this role, you will have a good understanding of risk management activities such as identifying, tracking, monitoring and mitigating IT risk and being able to articulate and define it
• It would be fantastic if you have experience in using Jira
• We would get really excited if you can showcase your communication skills and have an analytical approach to solving problems
• It would be wonderful, if you have experience working within the financial services sector but this is not essential
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!