Mortgage Arrears Specialist - Flexible Location
Are you a Mortgage Champion? Do you have a passion for providing unparalleled levels of service to customers? Can you build relationships, and create fans? If yes, then look no further, as we may have the role for you!
As a Mortgage Arrears Specialist, you will support the Mortgage Arrears Manager in managing the day to day relationship with our mortgage servicing suppliers. You will make sure that we provide exceptional service to our customers who are in financial difficulty, and that we are treating our customers fairly.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the relationships with our third party suppliers in Mortgage Operations and being a point of escalation for any issues with arrears
• Reviewing arrears situations on different mortgage portfolios and making recommendations to the Mortgage Arrears Manager, based on the characteristics of the customer and their loan
• Finding ways to improve customer service experience through the mortgage journey (you might challenge existing ways of working, if you think we can make things better)
• Making sure all things process related are ‘controlled’ in accordance with our risk framework
• Preparing reports for risk committees
• Learning from every enquiry and applying the knowledge you gain to new scenarios in order to solve a wider range of queries
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will have experience in mortgage arrears management in a regulated environment (perhaps you have worked for another lender or mortgage servicer)
• In order to be amazing in this role, you will have strong exposure and understanding of the mortgage lifecycle (perhaps you worked in retail Bank or for another lender)
• You will be an excellent communicator and will be able to adapt your language style to different audiences
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!