- Flexible working available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Hardware Engineer supports the lead engineer on a project execution team. You will be responsible for the schematic and PCB design based on the reference platform. You will be responsible for Hardware design and measurement including Core CPU design and layout, video, audio, RF, power, etc; as well as working through all the usual integration challenges – ESD, EMC, thermal design analysis, memory layout and characterisation.
What you’ll do:
- Perform schematic design and work with the CAD team on PCB layout.
- Responsible for hardware bring up, test and qualification
- Work with Software teams on device bring-up and development.
- Support the Hardware lead on all design aspects and issues.
- Work with the operations team on manufacturing test development.
- Travel to support engineering builds.
What you’ll bring:
- Proficient with SoC design and digital/analog design.
- Expert at bring-up, debug, validation and optimization of systems.
- Knowledge and experience of system on chip technologies.
- Experience of modern design tools and systems; including design simulation.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Strong analytical skills including basic statistical analysis.
- Adept with MS office including excel.
We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our location takes some beating: we’re practically in Brentwood station, which has regular trains to London Liverpool Street. If you find it easier to drive, there’s some onsite parking, while Chatham Way car park is a short walk away.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.