Production Facility Supervisor
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages.
Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products, streaming services, social & mobile-first content and formats.
As Discovery’s portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Discovery operates on a worldwide basis to produce & acquire content from thousands of global partners, schedule hundreds of linear TV & online channels, and distribute content to hundreds of affiliates including cable TV, free-to-air broadcast, and online video providers such as Amazon and iTunes.
Based in our Chiswick, West London offices, the Production Facility Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the day to day delivery of the live production produced out of the London Technology hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
You will be responsible for -
- Liaising with clients, 3rd party production companies and internal production teams to ensure the highest level of support is supplied from booking through to live delivery
- Creating supportive documentation for clients, production teams and live gallery crews for each program of events
- Tracking production expenses and report actuals monthly to the Facility Production Manager
- Managing Coordinator daily duties, maintaining constant high standard of work and efficient and effective time management
- Experience managing logistics for both studio and OB sporting shows, working on multiple productions at any one time.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end production procedures for live and prerecorded sporting shows
- An understanding of postproduction workflows with strong working knowledge of all digital file formats
- Ability to engage, motivate and inspire others to achieve
Why work for us?
You will play a pivotal role in the Production team, working in a fun, fast paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We value our staff and put people at the centre of everything we do. Consumers, Customers, Partners and Employees. In addition to our excellent benefits package we also have employee-centric offerings such as our on-site medical centre, back-up child & elder care sessions and enhanced family leave. We are proud to be a proactively diverse organisation with a variety of employee groups that we engage with to ensure continuous improvement of our organisation.
If you are an experienced Production Facility professional, looking for a challenging role with real business impact, we'd love to hear from you!