Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages.
Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products, streaming services, social & mobile-first content and formats.
As Discovery's portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Discovery operates on a worldwide basis to produce & acquire content from thousands of global partners, schedule hundreds of linear TV & online channels, and distribute content to hundreds of affiliates including cable TV, free-to-air broadcast, and online video providers such as Amazon and iTunes.
Based in our Chiswick, West London Offices, you will be responsible for ensuring the seamless audio delivery for the live broadcasted events that are produced from the London Technology Hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You will be responsible for-
- Ensuring the set up and delivery of clear comms and live audio output, broadcast from the London Tech Hub, working in partnership with clients, Technical Supervisors and MCR to implement the plans for execution and communicate these needs to wider teams.
- Efficient management of equipment failure to ensure minimal disruption to transmissions
- Oversee upgrades and testing of audio broadcast and corporate systems to ensure all equipment is functioning to the desired standard
- Daily management of sound operators, ensuring staffing needs are covered, creating and supporting team training
- Thorough understanding and extensive knowledge of the sports audio production process and the technical requirements needed to deliver the production, either gained from experience within OB broadcast or the commercial sector
- Experience in the design and operation of complex audio broadcast systems and a working knowledge of networking and IP infrastructure would be an advantage.
- Experience managing sound operators in a busy environment with strong leadership skills and ability to engage and motivate others
- Proven ability to successfully form and manage relationships with production partners and clients in an international environment
Why work for us?
You will play a pivotal role in the Production team, working in a fun, fast paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We value our staff and put people at the centre of everything we do. Consumers, Customers, Partners and Employees. In addition to our excellent benefits package we also have employee-centric offerings such as our on-site medical centre, back-up child & elder care sessions and enhanced family leave. We are proud to be a proactively diverse organisation with a variety of employee groups that we engage with to ensure continuous improvement of our organisation.
If you are an experienced sound professional, looking for a challenging role with real business impact, we'd love to hear from you.