PR Manager, Factual and DTC (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for a passionate PR expert to join the Discovery consumer communications team to support the Senior PR manager across the Factual & Sports channels: Discovery Channel, Quest, DMAX and DTC streaming service dplay. The candidate will run publicity campaigns, handle media relations, and manage talent in order to deliver high profile press coverage for the network’s flagship pay and free-to-air channels, and DTC service. The candidate will be required to devise and implement a range of high-profile campaigns across a range of media. They will run their campaigns with autonomy, and formulate and drive creative, cost efficient and executable ideas.
- Devise and implement creative publicity strategies for key promotional priorities.
- Generate and cultivate strong relations with key media contacts in order to maximise coverage.
- Work collaboratively with the wider channel team and other departments to devise compelling, consistent and innovative press campaigns.
- Manage talent (both local and international) and their representatives in relation to promotion of their programmes, and in support of the channel/network.
- Write press information and releases to tight deadlines.
- Be the first point of contact for press enquiries.
- Provide support on press events and junkets.
- Provide regular analysis and feedback on campaign coverage and media value.
- Generate publicity opportunities for exclusive DTC commissions.
- Build relationships with publications and journalists writing about SVOD services/programming.
- Be an expert on how to maximise publicity opportunities for DTC content, based on talent, release timings and avenues to reach target audiences.
- Drive awareness, users and, ultimately, subscriptions for dplay.
- Drive innovations in PR for the benefit of building our DTC business.
- Report to the wider business on the success of campaigns.
- Experience of running high profile publicity campaigns across factual content and DTC.
- Have excellent media relationships across a range of media – print, broadcast, online, digital influencers.
- Demonstration of devising and implementing creative and strategic PR plans.
- Confidence and experience in dealing with high profile talent and agents.
- Confident, proactive team player who can manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Insatiable appetite for factual and DTC and in-depth knowledge of media and consumer behaviour.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Be a clear and concise communicator.