Lead DevOps Engineer
2 days left
- Flexible working available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Join a hardworking team of Agile SRE and test automation engineers who will be responsible for the E2E infrastructure, support and deployment of code into Lab/Production environments. Highly uptime SLA oriented team and process driven. SRE team is expanding along with knowledge pool and converging on a single entity to support mobile/broadband for different geographies” – Manager – Software Engineering
What you’ll do:
– Develop a telco grade PaaS capability for Sky.
– Design, document, and implement a PaaS solution to onboard and integrate vendor provided or requested applications with Sky’s telecommunications infrastructure.
– Be responsible for the engineering and support of production environments, including automation of patches, upgrades, reliability and performance improvements
– Develop assurance, monitoring, and management capabilities for PaaS infrastructure using Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK stack.
– Lead creation of automated reports for various services and PaaS infrastructure.
– Own the operational playbook for the PaaS infrastructure and the services running within it.
– Monitor and manage Linux VMs, Containers and applications.
What you’ll bring:
– Working with Java apps, Rancher, Kubernetes, and Helm.
– Experience deploying and maintaining Hadoop, Airflow, Geode, and related components.
– Experience building and managing Kafka, Zookeeper, Couchbase, PostgreSQL and Consul clusters.
– Linux system administration & configuration management, primarily with CentOS and Ubuntu.
– Experience working with Git and performing code reviews.
– Experience of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
– Experience with automation/orchestration with tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Brick Lane, East London
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.