Operations Transformation Manager
PSL are looking for an Operations Transformation Manager to work within its Operations team.
We are the leading digital cheque processing service provider within the UK and have recently gone through the biggest business and technical transformation programme the company has ever seen!
The role will be based in Northampton, and comes with a competitive salary, between £60,000 to £75,000p.a. (depending on experience) + £5,900 Car Allowance.
The hours of work will be 35 per week Monday to Friday.
This role could be offered on a FTC if that is preferable, but is also available as a permanent role.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Operations and HR Director, supporting the development and implementation of the Operations transformation strategy, helping functional areas identify and develop robust, realistic and achievable transformation opportunities. They will be accountable for ensuring transformation projects realise agreed benefits and are delivered within agreed cost and scope. This is a critical role to plan and continually seek ways to improve processes by working collaboratively with other internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the Operations & HR Director in setting the future transformation agenda for Operations. Working with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities and prioritise activities that improve and enhance operational efficiencies, practices and customer service.
- Working with Operations senior management proactively review processes, practices and operational structure to identify organisational changes that delivery beneficial and measurable returns.
- Lead the transition of identified change activities into BAU to secure the delivery of project outcomes and realisation of benefits, whilst supporting operational stability during the transition process.
- Ensure effective stakeholder management at all levels and influence to ensure resolution of issues threatening or impeding project delivery.
- Co-ordination and production of relevant management information to clearly demonstrate project deliverables, financial outlays, workforce capacity changes and impact on service SLA’s/KPI’s, in order to facilitate appropriate decision making.
- Identify impact of workforce changes, both in terms of numbers, roles and development requirements to ensure success and work collaboratively with stakeholders to effectively deliver necessary interventions.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of the risk profile within transformation plans, that it is established ensuring that all risks that impact the business are proactively identified, evaluated and controlled.
- Guide the senior management team in the development and implementation of the target operating model, including process, operating structure, data and information, ensuring end to end consistency across all operational areas.
- Develop a climate to support continuous improvement, promotion of ideas and best practice to support ongoing transformation activities.
- Act as the Operations interface with IT Release/Change – ensuring internal change requests are appropriately presented and received and progress monitored.
- Produce monthly project progress reports highlighting key milestones, outstanding deliverables, key risks and appropriate RAG status against original project scope and output. Ensure timely and high-quality reports to all relevant governance/client/board committees as required.
- Collaborate with Operations senior management to identify required resource needs to deliver project, adopting matrix management approach where required to ensure successful delivery.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in working within an operational environment and the principles of continuous improvement
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business performance/operational efficiencies
- Experience at a senior level in managing teams within a change or operational environment
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of excellent customer service and proactively identifying innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
- Flexible and adaptable management style
- Commercial acumen and insight.
- Effective relationship management skills and ability to build strong relationships and communicate with a wide audience and the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Developed and practiced problem solving and decision making skills with an analytical approach and strong Excel skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple key deliverables with pace.
- Some experience of implementing of Robotics would be advantageous
Training & Qualifications Required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
VACANCY REFERENCE: DP/MD/516665/Operations
CLOSING DATE: 12th June 2020.