As a Web Operations Engineer you will provide operational level 2 web hosting support for the strategic platform in Deutsche Bank.
Another integral part will be to provide support, maintain and configure a GCP based Content Management System based on dotCMS as well as designing and implementing automation for manual tasks to further improve operational effectiveness.
You will be working as part of a global team with resources in India, Germany, UK and the US.
What we’ll offer you
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Working as Subject Matter Expert with L1 Support and Engineering teams to coordinate activities to further improve our platforms
- Providing level 2 web hosting platform operational support
- Reviewing application/platform changes and ensuring all mandatory artefacts are attached so that risks associated with change are understood and mitigation done
- Application Tuning and troubleshooting
- Analysing technical challenges to resolve Incidents and Service requests and participating in Incident management/Problem management process including client communication
Your skills and experience
- Experience in Apache based Web hosting support and administration
- Experience in GCP SaaS architecture and technology
- Experience providing IT support and dealing with business users on support or requirement gathering
- Strong UNIX, Linux, Wintel knowledge including Shell scripting and Ansible
- Understanding of Web application concepts in clustered environments preferably including knowledge of mod_security and mod_qos and experience of monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana
- Understanding support process (as per ITIL) and escalation procedures, becoming fully conversant with all support tools that will be used to provide effective support like ServiceNOW and JIRA
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunity’s employer, we make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability such as the provision of assistive equipment if required (e.g., screen readers, assistive hearing devices, adapted keyboards.
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.