Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here. Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of. Who We Are...
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We’re a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world. Your New Role...
Rocksteady is looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to join our dedicated and collaborative team.
The role involves writing, extending and optimising the low-level engine code
and systems of UE4. You’ll be building sophisticated technology to tackle some of our most challenging problems.
You’ll also guide our content creators and game coders, developing tools to help them profile and optimise what they’ve created, and supporting them in their use of the engine.
Your work will enable the team to deliver the highest quality game experience on our target hardware, including PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.Your Role Accountabilities...
Qualifications and Experience...
- Developing engine features and systems
- Profiling all aspects of the game, including CPU performance, memory and streaming
- Implementing low-level engine optimisations
- Working closely with content and gameplay creators to introduce effective game optimisation processes
- Providing engine support to content and code teams
- Improving debug tools and development workflows
- A high level of technical ability, including with C++
- An advanced understanding of game technology principles
- Experience using profiling tools to identify memory and CPU performance issues
- Knowledge of a variety of code optimisation techniques
- Experience working across disciplines to implement optimisations and achieve performance goals
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5 is desirable
- Knowledge of rendering techniques is desirable
- Familiarity with the latest generation of consoles is preferred
If you do not meet all the requirements, but after reading through the job description you feel excited about the position and you believe you'd still be a great fit for the role, we'd still love to hear from you!
#Li-Hybrid How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview. The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected]