Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here. Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of. Who We Are...
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive. Your New Role...
Eurosport is seeking a Production and Commentary Assistant to join its UK to assist with all events booked under the WBD Sports portfolio. This role is responsible for supporting the Commentary bookings team and Production Management team in delivering the day to day logistics across all sports.
The Production and Commentary Assistant will work in a fast-paced production environment and be responsible for booking a vast range of production freelancers & commentators, updating rotas & call sheets, organising travel logistics and inputting data across our internal systems. Communicating to keep everyone in the know every step of the way is crucial to this role. Please note, this is a fixed term contract with a duration of 7 months.Your Role Accountabilities...
- Booking commentators for all Eurosport linear and digital events & managing availability, as well as booking in world feed commentary and OB commentary for TNT events.
- Assist with booking crew for various sports under guidance from event Production Manager
- Booking travel and accommodation as needed
- Establish a daily dialogue with commentators in the office and on site, advising and updating them on the status of their programme for the day as needed
- Onboarding commentators onto internal systems and approving timesheets/expense sheets
- Ad Hoc production support including onsite events as runner / Production Assistant
- Onboarding TNT Sports commentators, ensuring correct feeds are booked to be routed through to the booths/codecs allocated/booth clash management
- Follow up and resolve any problems commentators experience
- Monitor Eurosport output, address any problems with commentary quickly and calmly
Qualifications & Experience...
- Assistance with raising POs / Timesheets and unblocking for payment
- Occasional PA work to the Senior Management Team (Meeting minutes / organising meeting room spaces etc).
How We Get Things Done...
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, precise attention to detail and methodical approach to work
- Ability to multitask
- Time management - demonstrable ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to take the initiative and work without supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and freelancers
- Availability to work flexible hours and days
- An interest in sport is desirable.
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview. The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at [email protected]