About the Wider Department
Product Operations is a team that thrives on challenge - are you seeking a role where no two days are the same? We’re looking for talented individuals who love to solve problems, analyse data and find better ways of doing things to drive real business value.
From Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Product Owners, who define and scope our systems, to Operational and Merchandising roles; our team is a diverse collection of highly motivated, innovative people.
We play a crucial role at the heart of Next operations and work on exciting projects at the forefront of strategic vision for a retail business at the top of its game.
About the Team
Total Platform is a business to business service provided by Next to other retail brands. The Total Platform Optimisation Team works with clients (think Reiss, GAP, Joules, Victoria’s Secret and more) to integrate data and operational processes allowing the brands to benefit from Next’s market leading warehousing, logistics and ecommerce services.
You will be working on projects to design, implement and support solutions for Total Platform clients, working closely with our Brand Partners to facilitate data integrations and operational processes that bring partner businesses onto the Next platform.
This is a role where people skills are paramount and matched with a need for outstanding time management, organisation and multi-tasking ability . You will get daily opportunities to interact with brand stakeholders, building cross-business relationships to maximise your influence and ensure project success.
There will be travel required as part of this role, this could include monthly overnight stays within the UK - flexibility will be needed.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and self aware.
- Passionate about delivering quality customer service.
- A people person who thrives on relationship building , ability to proactively engage and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, peers, and colleagues.
- A strong communicator with the ability to distil a complex process communicating a simplified view to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly organised and adaptable, able to prioritise (and reprioritise!) with exceptional time management.
- Commercially astute, able to assess risk and impact on a wider operation.
- Collaborative working style.
- Likely to be degree level educated with experience in a retail or operations related role
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Gmail, Drive, Sheets would be advantageous.
- Map, document and flowchart business processes
- Facilitate meeting workstreams and action follow up
- Support the Systems development process
- Client relationship/ account management
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational challenges
Please submit a cover letter as part of your application.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
We aim to support all candidates during the application process and are happy to provide workplace adjustments when necessary. Should you need support with your application due to a disability or long-term condition, feel free to get in touch with us by email [email protected] (please include 'Workplace Adjustments' in the subject line), or call us on 0116 284 2486 and leave a voicemail.