We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky!
What you'll do
- Develop excellent quality software
- Participate in the full software lifecycle, including support and continuous integration
- Contribute to the technical direction of the team
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other developers on the team
- Share and generate new insights, provide constructive and useful feedback to peers
- Work with internal Sky teams, external vendors and colleagues in Comcast in the US
- Quickly build prototypes and work with top brains in ML across the industry
What you'll bring
- Have at least 2 years of experience as an AWS software developer - this is a must. AWS certification is a bonus
- Expertise in working and following the best practices of using AWS serverless.
- Demonstrable ability to refactor and write performant and clean code
- Responsibility for reviewing and testing your own and teammates' code
- A restless attitude and a drive to always make things better and quicker
- A passion for technology and a fast pace of deliver
- Experience working with CI/CD in an agile team
Want to deliver brilliant products and unmissable entertainment that grips millions of households? Our 1000 strong, Product Delivery team does everything from developing innovative AI technology to creating the best HDR viewing experience for TV products. From Sky Go to Sky Q & Sky Glass, we take our products to the next level and make them more agile and reliable with every release.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.