Senior Analyst, Securities Settlements & Collateral Management
The team forms part of Markets Operations and has c160 colleagues based in both Edinburgh and London. The function provides a vital support service across multiple group business divisions within Commercial Banking Markets: Financial Institutions, Large Corporates, Mid Corporates and SME and Group Corporate Treasury. We're accountable for the safe movement of stock and cash every day and the confirmation and settlement of Markets products including Derivatives, Money Market, Foreign Exchange, Bonds & Gilts, the management of CLS Control Branch, administration of LBG's collateral management.
In this role you'll manage the high quality, accurate and timely settlement of all Bond and repo trades, ensuing they are processed as per established procedures and within market deadlines.
Providing specialist support to various teams you'll monitor and resolve all unmatched instructions via Euroclear/Clearstream/Federal Reserve/DTCC markets and other depository/custodian systems every day.
You'll also ensure the Bank's Depositories cash accounts are funded accordingly to ensure liquidity, and work alongside the Money Flow team to advise on Group Funding.
As part of the role you'll monitor trade Blotters to ensure all trade exceptions are processed in a timely manner and correct SSI's are applied and static set up, performing Front to Back Office system reconciliations and resolution of any issues.
Stakeholder Engagement - Manage day to day relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders as a respected partner using specialist product knowledge where applicable.
Risk Control and Management - Champion and demonstrate a responsible and risk-sensitive approach at all times while adhering to LBG policy on all aspects of regulatory, operational, financial and IT risk in line with the Group's Risk Framework.
Continuous Improvement - Identify and propose improvements to business processes and controls while supporting the successful deployment of all change initiatives.
Self Development - Regularly evaluates own strengths and weaknesses and creates appropriate development plan in line with the Colleague Excellence frameworks including attainment of relevant professional qualification.
Client First - Think about customers first in everything we do, consistently striving to take actions to drive towards positive customer outcomes.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to deliver a high quality client service internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Understanding of operational metrics and impact of own actions on those.
- Ability to monitor team workflows, and highlight concerns to management, work accurately and efficiently to intraday timelines both under own supervision and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates, encourages and develops coaching and continuous improvement cultures within their sphere of influence
- Effective planning & organisation to ensure delivery against business objectives
- Understanding of core products and associated procedures & processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and market counterparts
- Communicates clearly and concisely seeking assurance of understanding
In return for your expertise, you'll receive:
- Competitive Base salary
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
So if you have the skills we're seeking and you're looking for your next step, we'd love to hear from you.
Together we make it possible.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.