LGV1 Driver (PM & Nights) Bracknell - Flexible Working Available
From flexible hours to job sharing where possible, we're committed to providing a truly healthy work life balance.
Hours of Work
47.5 hours per week including 10 hours of consolidated overtime.
5 out of 7 days to include weekends.
Both Afternoon and Night Shifts available.
We have a number of different ways to work flexibly so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, it may open the door to not only a new role but a new way of working.
Duties & Responsibilities
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all branch/RDC deliveries and supplier collections within the given timescales.
- Complete all daily vehicle checks and follow correct defect reporting procedures.
- To complete basic documentation accurately.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and economical manner at all times ensuring that it is maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- Effectively communicate problems and delays to all relevant parties.
- Safely loading and unloading whilst complying with the correct procedures for given location.
- Maintain a full knowledge of the Highway code, WTD, EU Drivers Hours Regulations and vehicle operations.
- To ensure all Legal, Health and Safety legislation and Operational procedures are adhered to at all times and to work within Health and Safety guidelines at all times ensuring the safety of self and others.
- To work within other areas / departments within the RDC as requested by Management.
- To keep up to date with Partnership news by reading notice boards and the Partnerships editorials.
- To ensure all Personnel procedures are adhered to and completed as required.
To complete all branch deliveries and supplier collections to the required standard whilst ensuring own and others Health and Safety. This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening checks: 3 year reference check.
Your Performance and Productivity will drive your Pay and Progression here at Waitrose & Partners..... It is not unusual to work from Midnight to midday Even prior to a rest period, please take this in to consideration before applying or accepting a position with us. We expect high standards of professionalism from our drivers and are extremely procedure driven, please consider this carefully before applying or accepting a position with us. As a Waitrose & Partners Partner you will be expected to be flexible and a positive approach to problem solving, please consider this carefully before applying or accepting a position with us.
The John Lewis & Partners Partnership is unique. It’s like no other place you have worked before, or will ever work again. Just one of the reasons for this is that we put the happiness of our people – our Partners – at the heart of everything we do. Join us and we’ll ensure your job is not only fulfilling and rewarding but suited to the way you work best as an individual.
We’re also different because our Partners are active co-owners in the business, which means they share in the profits and have a real say in determining its future. What’s more, we take genuine pride in treating each other with respect and honesty – an ethos that is reflected in the outstanding level of service we deliver to our customers, each and every day.
This all adds up to making the Partnership and each of its household brands – John Lewis & Partners, Waitrose & Partners and John Lewis & Partners Insurance – extraordinary places to work. Join us and you’ll find that, whatever you want to do and wherever you want to go, the John Lewis & Partners Partnership can take you there.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
• Valid UK LGV1 C + E driving licence (with a maximum of 6 points)
• Valid DCPC (Drivers Qualification Card)
• Valid Tachograph Card
• Previous experience driving a 44.5 tonne articulated lorry
Desirable experience skills and qualifications
• Previous experience in a retail distribution environment
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.
For internal use only: