First Group Enterprises Ltd is a children’s media company whose vision is to enhance the lives of young people.
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to join our progressive organisation. A great work-life balance is encouraged allowing you to enjoy and excel at what you do with a competitive salary.
This is a permanent, part-time term time position reporting to the Head of Finance. Working 25 hours a week (ideally worked over 5 days during school hours) the contract is for 11 months of the year (August off).
Detailed description -
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the Senior Finance Administrator to reconcile payments
- Call and e-mail schools to check when they are looking to pay if they haven’t
- Proactively chase payment of advertising revenue
- Send statements and chase any overdue invoices
- Make regular follow-up calls and report back to the Senior Finance Administrator
- Develop strong relationships with the both the customer service team and the schools marketing teams
- File all accounts paperwork including annual archiving
- Bank cheques as and when required
- Assist the Senior Finance Administrator and Head of Finance with any ad-hoc projects
Key candidate skills -
- Confident communicator with an excellent telephone manner and a great writing ability
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure and meet targets
- Ability to work in a team orientated environment
- Self-motivated, diplomatic and patient
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn
- Computer literate, preferably with MS Excel, Word and Outlook knowledge
- Previous admin experience is preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Please send your CV with a covering letter by applying below