Finance Analyst- 6 Month Fixed-Term Contract
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets has an opportunity for an experienced candidate to join the team in our London office, on a 6 months fixed-term contract.
You will work within the Fund Management team as a Finance Analyst, where you will be a key member of a global team responsible for identifying and implementing transformation initiatives for the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Fund Management team.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
- drive global improvement initiatives under the guidance of the global Fund Management transformation team leader
- work with regional Fund Management subject matter experts to update process maps and task flows, and identify areas of opportunity for automation, re-design and global alignment
- identify / understand inventory of bespoke and manual reporting with a view to finding an automated solution
- work with Digital and Platform team and Technology team to identify opportunities to systematize existing Fund Management processes
- partner with Digital and Platform team and Technology team to communicate roll-out of new platforms and processes
- project manage transformation initiatives for the Fund Management team, including ongoing tracking and status reports; identification of risks and issues; leading or escalating issue resolution
- drive operating model changes to bring consistency to global Fund Management service offering across regions.
Dependent upon business requirements, you may also work directly with Fund Management teams based in London and Gurugram to support activities including:
- oversight of external service providers, including reviewing financial statements, tax calculations, fee calculations and reconciliations
- coordination and preparation of financial statements (including variance analysis and commentary) and other reporting obligations for funds and their subsidiaries, including, where required, liaising with internal specialist teams, external service providers, auditors and other commercial counterparties
- coordination of responses to ad hoc investor requests
- treasury management, budgeting and forecasting for funds, including managing investor drawdown and distributions
- assisting on transaction advisory and execution work-streams through asset acquisition, ownership and divestment lifecycles.
Prior experience in a similar type of role - for example, experience in business transformation or working in finance or operations functions for private equity funds would be advantageous, although not essential.
You will be a lateral thinker, a confident communicator, highly motivated, proactive, organised and resilient individual. You will demonstrate sound business judgement and possess strong interpersonal skills which will give you the ability to liaise and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
Finally, you will be degree-educated with a formal accounting qualification.
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2020, Macquarie Asset Management has $A606.9 billion of assets under management.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.