Digital Direct to Consumer FP&A Manager
The FP&A Manager for the Discovery Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) central team will support the global DTC business in financial reporting consolidation and strategy formulation, working for a team reporting to the CFO & Head of Strategy & Operations of Global Direct to Consumer.
The Discovery DTC portfolio includes a number of businesses that focus on key consumer passion groups, including Discovery’s Go TV Everywhere product, Motortrend, Dplay, Discovery Golf TV& Golf Digest, Food Network Kitchen, the Global Cycling Network and others.
The DTC business is constantly growing and this position is an opportunity to work on the forefront of the media industry. This position will lead the financial reporting and planning, and occasionally will support the strategy formulation of the business by identifying and researching growth opportunities. The role will be based in London and will be reporting to a team in New York. May require occasional travel to New York.
- Primary contact for Corporate FP&A, Regional FP&A, and Finance Systems
- Lead the monthly finance consolidation process including delivery of monthly forecast & monthly close reporting, ensuring accuracy of forecast and insightful commentary
- Facilitate annual budgeting, and long-range plan processes
- Work with the financial systems teams to build robust reporting for digital FP&A users
- Support the Digital head of strategy, operations and finance with presentations & ad hoc requests, including board and leadership decks
- Conduct research and competitive analysis, build business models and support M&A initiatives
- Strong EPM (BPC) SAP skills, or experience with a comparable system
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with quickly evolving, often uncertain, business goals
- Experience with working independently, reaching out to people within the organization, and consolidating data from many different stakeholders
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and financial modelling
- Proficient knowledge of media business
- Experience with subscription/advertising-based business models, especially in media, is preferred
- Strong exerience in operational FP&A/ Corporate Finance/ Business Development