Sky Glass Senior C++ Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.What you'll do:
- Develop Sky Products' User Interface with excellent quality software using Agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Work with a large team, on a large, complex codebase
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business partners
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Actively support Agile development methods and best practices
What you'll bring:
- Strong C++ development background and comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Strong unit testing and Agile background is essential
- Strong GUI experience using UI frameworks
- Exposure to Qt is highly beneficial
- Regular use of agile and XP practices such as pairing and TDD are highly beneficial
- Experience of development on embedded devices, graphics stacks would be a bonus
- Working alongside creative colleagues, and bringing their work to life as faithfully as possible
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience
- Good communication skills - comfortable communicating at all levels
Group We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.Inclusion:
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly broad place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more passionate about who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.